Here's Ella enjoying some of the Fair's chocolate fudge! For more infomation our consumption of the Fair's junkfood, visit my sister's blog at http://www.babycaruso.blogspot.com/
The animals, the food, and the ballon were all highlights of the weekend but the best part was being with family.
Ella's posse: Rob, Helium Elmo, Ellen, Sara, John, and Grammy MacGregor. Carole and my Dad aren't pictured but they were there as well.
After the Fair we went to my Great Auntie Lib and Uncle Frank's house. They generously hosted a family reunion for various aunts, uncles, and cousins. We had a great time but were so exhausted that the camera never made it's way out of the diaper bag.
The next day, we enjoyed the fishtank and Grammy's.
The Fair Posse in fine form on our way to brunch.
Ella was great all weekend- playful and fun. Sunday morning's brunch, however, was pushing her limits of togetherness. She fussed so much as we waited for our food that Rob took her outside to play. When they came back in, she felt better and enjoyed dipping her french toast sticks into the maple syrup. Eventually, I realized Ella wasn't actually eating the french toast- she was simply sucking the maple syrup off. Maybe I should have encouraged her to enjoy a more healthful brunch. Instead, I cut out the middleman and gave her a spoon to dip into the syrup.
Motherhood is all about choosing your battles . . .
We're already looking forward to next year's fair!
1 comment:
This is Aunt Ellen. Yes, the fair this year was again so great. I have found out two things. 1. Lisa and Rob are amazing parents-they were unbelievably patient as Ella showed that she was not thrilled with the wait at brunch. 2. People have always told me that I am tall but, picture me with my family, and I am short!!!
Post a Comment