Friday, February 16, 2007

The Waiting Game

Today, February 16, was my official guess for The Arrival, but it's not looking likely. After my third doctor's appointment and 8th blood pressure test in a week, the baby and I are still looking good, which just means more bedrest and waiting. Since it's President's Day weekend Rob will have the pleasure/pain of experiencing three full days of bedrest. I think we'll be watching lots of DVD movies. Who knew that the Netflix subscription that my father gave us would come in so handy.

Rob and I have started on a strict regime of coaxing CederBaby out by talking about all the wonderful things he/she will experience in the outside world. Making mischief with his/her three cousins, Michael, Roie, and Baikal; snuggling with Grandma Cederbaum; roughhousing with the dog and three cats at Aunt Sara's house; watching Star Wars with Uncle Neil; and getting into all sorts of unspeakable trouble with both grandfathers are high on the list.


Rob and I are confident that CederBaby won't be able to resist the temptation to come out and finally meet all these cool family members.



Just in case this emotional coaxing doesn't work by Feb 18th, however, Rob and I are fully prepared to switch from emotional coaxing to outright bribery with offers of cash and trips to Disney World.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog is great! Keep up the good work. Sorry that you're still waiting. I imagine how frustrating that must be. Hopefully, you and Rob can enjoy some rest over the weekend (unless CederBaby decides to come and meet the world). Good luck with everything!

E-Slice said...

Lisa, enough with the COAXING. Use outright threats. Set the tone for the parenting. :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa, thanks for letting in anonymous comments. You are a witty and entertaining writer and cederbaby will love reading all of this some day. Aunt A

Anonymous said...

The sooner you come the sooner we can ski at Killington.
The year of the pig is here,
you are one very lucky baby.

We are all eager to meet you.