Thursday, February 8, 2007

No Game Day Baby

Rob's favorite football coach, Don Shula (any guesses as to which team he coached?) famously said one time that while he loves babies, he hates game day babies. Given Rob's love of football, we had quite a few friends and family guess that the baby would come right in the middle of the Super Bowl, but no, that didn't happen.

The closest we've come to a labor scare is yesterday when I was running errands at Wal-Mart. I had finished my shopping and was going to take a peek in the baby department when I heard someone say, "Oh, no no no!" I turned around and there was a woman who worked at the store standing behind me, one shaking her hand at me. I had no idea what I had done wrong, and got nervous for a moment as another female colleague of hers also walked toward me. The first woman said, "Oh no, you have to go home. You're going to have that baby any minute now and it's going to be a boy." The second woman responded with, "she knows this stuff, you should go home." I tried to explain that I was feeling fine, but then got curious and said, "are you sure it's a boy and it's coming that soon?" "No question," she responded. That was good enough for me, I made my purchases and high-tailed it home.

Apparently her labor and delivery radar was off-line yesterday, because there's no baby yet.

No comments: