Thursday, August 28, 2008

3 1/2 Pounds of Sugar

As a mom it's always good to have a bag of tricks up your sleeve- new crayons in the diaper bag, fresh jars of playdough in the kitchen cupboard, and M&Ms hidden in the healthy snack cabinet. These tricks are useless if overused but they're perfect for those moments when, for whatever reason, you really really need an instantly happy and distracted child.

On another Mom's suggestion, I decided to add lollipops to my arsenal. They're small, portable, and cheap- what could be better? A few days after that suggestion, Ella and I were at Target and I was rushing to finish the shopping before Ella ran out of patience with me. I found the candy aisle and the perfect bag of about 30 lollipops- I figured that would last quite a long time.

Well, as I reached for the bag, Ella distracted me and I stopped paying attention to what I was doing. I looked toward her, grabbed the bag and headed for the checkout aisle. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I didn't grab the 30-pack. Instead, I bought the 300-pack. Yes, THREE HUNDRED. That works out to 3 1/2 pounds of lollipops.

That's a lot of sugar.


Fortunately, Ella enjoyed her first lollipop.


As this video shows, she's even willing to share her pop.


She even enjoyed her second lollipop, although she has yet to take more than about 10 licks of one.

Visitors beware! We'll be trying desperately to get you to eat lollipops everytime you walk through out door!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring them to Sandwich Fair and sell them and save the money for Ella's education. Or just make the relatives eat them!!!!
Aunt Ellen