Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Junaluska: Part VI



In more than 20 years of vacationing in Maggie Valley, I think this was the best weather we've ever had!












We were outside everyday. Here, Ella and Daddy are checking out the ducks in the lake.














Walking by the lake with Grandpa.



















Karen and Baby Rybolt at the playground.


















Grammy Carole and Ella on the swings.



















Ella and this carved wooden bear were instantly best friends. She loved to sit on the fireplace next to him.











Who's having more fun with the playdough- Ella or Daddy and Uncle Bill?













In honor of the opening Olympic ceremony in Beijing, we ordered Chinese food for dinner and then watched the event.











It was a relaxing way to end a busy week.












Although we are normally a card-playing family, this year Speed Scrabble took everyone by storm! It's a great game and I'll teach anyone who wants to learn!
Despite all these wonderful photos, I don't have a picture of my favorite moment. One night, while waiting for dinner, my much younger cousin, Megan (above in the blue shirt), said that she would entertain Ella outside for a while. Rob and I were thrilled to have a break! Eventually, I went outside to call them inside for dinner when it suddenly hit me that, not too many years ago, I was outside, playing with Megan before dinner, while her parents relaxed. It will probably seem like no time at all before Ella's entertaining Megan's children!

No comments: