Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Girl Likes to Party All the Time

Today, we went to Ella's first party, the end of the year party at the preschool where I do storytime. Ella loved watching the older children run around and play.

I learned about how different life is at parties once you have a baby. Before having a baby it was easy to browse the luncheon table and carefully choose something delicious. With the baby in my arms that was next to impossible. Forget eating sandwiches or salads one-handed; I waited, starving, until dessert time when I was finally able to grab a few easy-to-eat brownies and donut munchkins.


Here, her good friend Isabella is catching Ella up on all the latest preschool gossip.






Ella was particularly charmed by Ori, Isabella's older brother, who kept kissing her baby toes and chubby cheeks.




By the end of the party, Ella was understandably exhausted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your "not eating" story. When CarolAnne was an infant my teacher colleagues gave me a shower during their lunch hour. They were too hurried to volunteer to hold her. No one noticed that I couldn't get at any of the food!!!