Yesterday, Ella and I had a fantastic afternoon with her Aunt Sara. We three ladies went out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and then to the mall for a little window shopping (and a little actual shopping).
I was a little nervous about taking Ella to an actual restaurant as opposed to the diners where we've been before. I had visions of stares from angry lunch-hour businessfolk as I try to sneak out to the lobby with a screaming baby. No need to worry- she was great. In previous outings she was happy to sit in her babyseat while Rob and I ate. This time there was too much going on for her to ignore. She was happy standing in my lap and watching the waiters go back and forth.
A highlight during lunch was a table of 4 women behind us who spend their lunch hour watching Ella, laughing when she smiled, waving and cooing at her, and telling me how cute she is. The two screaming toddlers at the table next to ours made her look even better.
The highlight of the afternoon definitely came when Sara was feeding Ella. The baby got a nice full mouth of milk, then gave an enormous sneeze and sprayed the milk all over Sara and the brand new dry-clean only sweater she had just put on. After The Sneeze, as Sara dried herself off, Ella just smiled and laughed. Good Girl!
1 comment:
Ladies shopping outting!!!! I am SOOOO jealous!!!! -courtney (Ella is so cute!!!!!)
Post a Comment