Monday, May 14, 2007

Hard Workin' Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day was fantastic. We hosted a "Hard Workin' Mother's Day Party" with my dad, sister, and brother-in-law. No, we weren't exactly celebrating hard workin' mothers, Rob and I were making our loved ones work hard for us on Mother's Day.





We've discovered that Ella adds to our lives in many ways, except one- she makes it really hard to get any work done around the house and yard. That's where the loved ones come in.




I swear I didn't know the rock was this big when I casually suggested that Sara, John, Dad, and Franklin help us dig it up to add to the rock border we were building around our garden.









Ella and Franklin supervised while the adults put shelves for the garage together.










I'm not sure exactly how Sara, John, and Franlin are "helping" here, but they must have been doing something useful.














We made them work hard, but at least we rewarded everyone with lunch . . .












and a trip to the ice cream parlor.
















Ella polished off a double scoop of peppermint stick ice cream with hot fudge sauce.
Our hard work left a certain someone exhausted and ready for an impromptu nap on the porch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. Ella is so cute and what fun to include her in everything. Love, Aunt A

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. Ella is so cute and what fun to include her in everything. Love, Aunt A