Wednesday, February 17, 2010

34 Weeks and Counting . . .

Only a few more weeks to go until we all get to meet "Little Guy."


We've been working hard to get the nursery ready for him.











According to the latest ultrasound two weeks ago, the baby has a long femur bone and will be tall at birth. Apparently, he also has a lot of curly hair- definitely a Cederbaum baby.

I've had quite a few people ask how this pregnancy compares with the first. Overall, I guess this one's a little easier in the sense that I don't have the carpel tunnel in my hands that plagued me for several months with Ella. I'm also not on bedrest (*yet*- let's keep our finger's crossed).

I have had crazy sciatica pains in my back and legs- perhaps my kind and loving sister, Sara, can post in the "Comments" section something about how I look and move when the sciatica pain is at its worst.

Managing a toddler while pregnant is exhausting but overall, Ella's been a real trooper. During the worst of the sciatica pain, Ella knew I couldn't play on the floor because, "Mommy's hips hurt." She would bring toys to the bed or sofa for us to play with. She would preface this by saying, "we're going to play on the sofa since our hips hurt."

She used the hip pain against me yesterday, though. I announce it was cleanup time before dinner and Ella replied, "Mommy, I can't clean up right now. I need to rest on the bed because my hips hurt."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of you and "Little Guy" I am sorry about the sciatica. Ella always keeps it real.
Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

You look great! That's so funny what Ella said when you wanted her to clean up. She's too smart!

Love,
Sam

Bill Rencher said...

You forgot to mention the kidney stones! Just for sh@#s and giggles.