Monday, November 24, 2008

Stew Leonard's

When is going to the grocery store more than a chore? When you're going to Stew Leonard's! Connecticut natives (and many of our houseguests) know about Stews. It's part grocery store, part amusement park. This store has differentiated itself by offering tons of free samples of food and by having animatronic animal shows throughout the store.

Stews has become the destination point for Ella and Daddy on Sunday mornings (to buy Mommy a little alone time).

Last weekend, I was invited to join in on the adventure.

First, the Dynamic Duo gets a cart outside.













Then, it's onto the fresh baked bagel section.













Ella's not sure how she feels about the dancing banana display.















She definitely likes the fresh kettle potato chip samples (and so does Daddy).











As you can see in this video, Ella thinks she likes the free peapods.

Apparently, she does that every week and Rob ends up with half eaten peapod in his hand.


Here they are sharing egg nog.



Ella thinks she likes this animatronic cow but once Daddy pulls that rope and the cow "mooos" Ella freaks out.









Ella's favorite Stews attraction is the "bear" that flips. It's actually a scarecrow but who wants to correct someone who looks so cute in a shopping cart!


Finally, they toss coins into this fountain and head home.

(Thanks to this fountain, whenever Ella finds a coin around the house she throws it.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot how great Stew Leonard's was. I used to love that place when I was a little kid. I didn't realize how great it was for kids until you just reminded me. Thanks!

Sam