"Go show Daddy" has become my evening catch phrase. When I'm stir-frying veggies for dinner and she brings me a picture she's drawn, I instinctively say, "Wow! Go show Daddy." If I'm putting laundry away and she brings Tay-Toe over to play, I'll say, "That looks like fun. Go show Daddy."
Over the weekend, the three of us were playing together and I managed to sneak away and flop on the couch with the remote control (my current definition of heaven).
A few minutes later, Rob came over to show me a lost toy that he had found. Without even thinking about it, I said, "Wow! Go show Daddy."
I didn't even realize what I had said until I saw Rob laughing. "Wow, you're really out of it," he responded. Fortunately, he didn't my accidental snub personally and let me keep my position on the sofa with the remote while he and Ella ran around the house playing.
No comments:
Post a Comment