This past weekend Ella went on her first road trip to meet her Great Grandmother MacGregor. Sara, John, Rob, my dad, Carole, Ella and I all hit the road and drove to New Hampshire to see Grammy.
Ella is Grammy's fifth great-grandchild!
So far, it looks like Ella's a Yankees fan and a Dolphins fan like her Daddy, while Grammy's a diehard Red Sox and Patriots fan. Fortunately, these differences didn't seem to get in the way of them getting along.
Because of strep throat and two business trips, this was also John's first time to meet Ella. Like Superman and Clark Kent, however, John never seemed to be around when diapers were being changed. Odd, isn't it . . .
My dad is really enjoying being a grandfather and Ella clearly adores him. Just want until she ends up involved in some of his crazy schemes . . .
Throughout the day, Grammy kept commenting on how beautiful Ella is. She cut right to the chase and looked at Sara and myself and said, "now you two were cute as babies, but this one's beautiful!" Then she looked at Rob and me and questioned, "how did you two get such a beautiful baby?" Rob and I have been wondering that since day one!
2 comments:
Thank you for posting these pictures. They are full of joy and I am so happy for all of you to be able to share this moment. I did not realize that Ella was number 5 of the great grandchildren. I agree with Grammy's observation, Ella is beautiful. Aunt A
It is so nice to see pictures of Grammy with Ella. On the phone Grammy kept telling me that all of her children and grandchildren were cute but Ella is PRETTY!!!!!!
Aunt Ellen
Post a Comment