Monday, December 8, 2008

Little Snowfall, Big Fun

Saturday night it snowed a little bit- not enough to need the snowblower but certainly enough to have fun in. Ella and I got to break in our new $7.99 plastic toboggan. It was also the first time that Ella got to put on her full snow suit and winter boots.



At first, Ella wasn't quite sure what was going on.



















She kept pointing to the snow and saying, "dirty", as in, "who threw white stuff all over the lawn?"













She got the hang of it pretty quickly, though.














"Why does this white stuff keep sticking to my mitten?"













"Hmmmm, let me think about whether or not I like snow . . . ."
















In this video, Ella discovers that you loose a lot of your fine motor abilities when you're wearing mittens. She can't figure out why she's having trouble holding onto the sled rope.





"This is fun! I like snow, I really do!"













Listen closely to the following video and you'll hear her saying, "Wheeeeeee," as I pull her around the yard.

Yes, this is the same day. This part of the driveway is sunny and all the snow already melted. Ella enjoyed putting rocks in the trunk of her red toy car (that I got for free at the town Recycle Center!).












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are amazing! You pulled Ella on the sled and videoed it at the same time. I'm very impressed with you ability to multitask at a high level. Aunt A