Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cabin Fever

It's amazing how quickly cabin fever kicks in when you're used to being outside and suddenly three rainy days in a row keep you inside. Ella and I woke up at odds this morning and I had to think quick to salvage the rainy day. So . . . we brought the outside in.


First to come inside was her pink bike (a rockin' cycle given to her by her cousins Michael and Roie).











Ella loves to sit on it and be pushed around.












On her own, she can only go backwards so she ends up stuck against the fireplace hearth every few minutes.










When the back-breaking fun of pushing her on the little bike wore off, in came the watertable (a gift from Granddaddy Rybolt on a suggestion from cousins Baikal and Rybolt)!

I know, I know, there's a reason why watertables are outdoor toys but I was desperate.












Ella loved it- here she is blowing kisses at me to sucker me into adding even more water.











Yup, that's her milk bottle on one side and her water bottle on the other, and yes, I did let her drink from them after she played with them. Remember, I was desperate!








Here I am, back aching (from the bike) and on my way downstairs to do the extra load of laundry (wet beach towels and wet baby clothes) that the water table created but even as I write this, the sun is coming out. Hallelujah! We're headed outside!

No comments: