Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Little Peace and Quiet

All I needed this afternoon was an hour of peace and quiet so I could send out an email to my students and grade a few papers. I had the perfect setup- I put Jack down to nap, and set up Ella in her room for some quiet playtime.

I curled up in a cozy blanket on the sofa by the beautiful bay window in our living room, with my laptop. I had about 15 minutes of working bliss when Ella came out to get my help with one of her dolls. She asked when I was doing and when I said, "working" she quickly replied, "I want to work too!" Within seconds she had grabbed her markers, a glue stick, some scissors and a few activity pages.




Ella "working" with me in the living room.











That worked well for about 6 minutes and then Jack woke up. Desperate to at least send one email to my students, I put Jack in his highchair and dragged it into the livingroom. He "worked" with his toys while Ella worked with her art supplies and I tried to send an email.















This setup lasted just long enough for me to get my mail out. Then we all went into the kitchen for an afternoon snack. I put Jack on the floor so I could drag his highchair back into the kitchen. By the time I got the chair back in, he had crawled under the table and tried to pull things off onto the floor.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love,love this blog. I can relate so well to all of this!!!! Hard to believe but these are the BEST times of your life!!!
Aunt Ellen