Friday, October 1, 2010

Back-to-School

It's been a fun back-to-school month for Ella and the family!



Here's Ella and Jack on her first day of preschool.












Back-to-School Night was fun for me- Rob watched the kids and I went to see the classroom and chat with the teacher. While I was looking around the room, I found these "helpful friend" charts. Each time someone in the class is a good friend or is very helpful, they get a heart on their chart. Ella's chart is third down in the second column. Notice anything?


Yup, Ella already has three hearts!
Several parents came up to me and asked if I noticed that Ella had so many helping hearts. I tried to play it cool but I was really tickled pink! It's hard to send your child off to school, where you don't know what they're doing all day but it's nice to know that at least she's being a good and helpful friend.
Here's Ella's self-portrait with her name written by herself.
Underneath it she dictated that her favorite game to play at school is, "ponies", her favorite food is, "gummies", her favorite color is "purple", her favorite thing to do with Mommy is "play with her", and her favorite thing to do with Daddy is, "watch 'Diego' with him" (interesting because Daddy has never seen 'Diego'.

No comments: