We don't want to overwhelm Ella with talk about her abstract baby brother but we do talk about him sometiems just to keep him on the radar. My favorite conversations are when she brings him up on her own.
Here's two great conversations we've had about "Little Guy":
One evening, Ella and I were in the car and she was talking about how she's a big girl. I asked what her brother is and she said, "a little guy." I left it at that but Ella continued, saying,
Ella: What's his name?
Lisa: We don't know his name. We won't know his name until we meet him.
Ella: How about Frosty? [her favorite video]
Lisa: That's a great name for a baby brother!
Ella: Maybe Brown Eyes.
Lisa: That's another great name.
Ella: I know, how about Cindy the Spider? [Cindy is Ella's favorite name for anyone she doesn't know. When we see construction workers she'll say, "Oh look, a bunch of Cindys"]
Lisa: Ella, these are such good ideas for baby names.
Another conversation from this morning:
Ella was trying to put on a sock that was too small.
Lisa: Honey, that sock is too small. I'll get you a new one.
Ella: Oh, it's too small. Is it for my baby brother?
Lisa: Yes, I think this sock would be perfect for him.
Ella: Okay, I'll put it in his baby room.
No comments:
Post a Comment