Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Wipe Board

This afternoon I got out our easel but instead of using paper and paints we used it with wipe board markers.
Ella had never used wipe markers before and she loved it.


Well, technically, she liked drawing with the markers but she loved erasing the marks. She especially enjoyed erasing what I drew. She would tell me to draw and a milisecond after I started drawing she would start erasing it. If I tried to stop drawing, she got mad and told me to keep going . . . so she could erase it.
Here's the artist at work:
I think Ella and I need to talk about the fact that wipe board markers only wipe off of wipe boards- she just colored all over the white trash can in the right of this photo and tried to wipe it clean.
Oh well, anything for The Arts.
*UPDATE: I definitely need to have that talk with Ella about wipe boards. Just after I clicked "publish" on this post I caught Ella coloring her feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always manage to bring a smile to my face with this blog. Thank you so much for sharing Ella activities and your take on them. love, Aunt A

Anonymous said...

Just what I always knew, Ella is a normal kid-with an amazing parent!!!!
Aunt Ellen